Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day Thirteen

This is one I've been dreading. Writing a letter to someone who has hurt you recently. Awww man :(


Dear xxx


So it's been two weeks since the last time we spoke. Well, when I say spoke I actually mean since you were rude, mean, cruel and horrible to me. I haven't heard a peep from you since. Even the email and text message I sent you to say that I was moving back east has gone unanswered.


When we got back in contact early last year we found that we had so much in common. Conversation flowed quickly. We spent every spare moment that we had learning more about each other. You made me feel intelligent, funny, interesting, sincere and worthwhile. These are things I hadn't felt for a very long time. You were attentive, interested, compassionate and understanding. When our relationship started progressing to a place where you wanted to be with me, you asked me to move to Perth so we could be together. You told me that I no longer needed to just rely on myself, that I had you to be there with me now, that I never needed to feel alone any more. I agreed, but said that I needed to take my time. One of the things you wanted to make a point of was that we should be completely honest about who we are, and to not get caught up in the honeymoon period of the beginning of a relationship. I have always been very upfront about myself. You said you were too. 


Fast forward to me arriving here. We both know that things had begun to change in the days leading up to me leaving. There were things going on in your life that meant we couldn't be together just yet. We still hung out and our attraction was undeniable. But instead of using that to our advantage, you used it as a reason to pull further and further away. In the past five months of being in Perth I could probably count the amount of time we've spent together on one hand. I feel so stupid, disappointed and heartbroken. That wasn't enough to make me leave Perth. I was happy to have stayed regardless, thanks to the amazing friends I've made. Unfortunately I have had to make this decision for reasons outside of you. All I want is to be able to talk to you about what's been going on. It hurts to think that I'll leave from here without being able to see you one last time. I want to be able to say goodbye to you, to hug you and leave from here knowing that I still have you as my friend. That doesn't seem very likely any more.


So I'll take this opportunity to say goodbye. I don't plan on trying to contact you again. I've done all I can do to help you, to support you, and to love you. I will miss you. Hopefully time will bring you back in to my world, and I hope that when that happens I'm not still feeling as hurt as I feel now. I hope things work out for you.


Love


Ally

No comments:

Post a Comment