Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day Ten

What are the songs I listen to when I'm happy, sad, bored, hyped, mad? Now this is a question I've been looking forward to. I absolutely LOVE music. I'm also very much an emotional listener. So here it is:

Hyper - when I'm hyper I like listening to anything that makes me feel like dancing (cue mainstream pop music like Justin Timberlake, Pink, Britney, etc). I also love listening to stuff that gets me jumping around, like Faith No More, Spiderbait, Regurgitator, and so on.

Happy - there is one song that make me feel extremely filled with happy. It's "Home" by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. It has this rawness that reminds me of how it felt to be a child, when I didn't understand what heartache was, or what it meant to be let down. It makes me think of summertime in a blow up pool, wearing my Australia Flag speedos whilst taking a break from the slip and slide. Basically it reminds me of a time when I was oblivious to hurt.

Sad - the song "Lazy Eye" by Silversun Pickups never fails to make me cry. There are a few songs now that remind me of Justin (Aedin's dad) that make me cry now since he's passed away. He was a lover of the Queens of the Stone Age, so their music always brings the emo out. Same with "A Letter to Elise" by The Cure.

Angry - this has to be music from my 90s grunge rock stuff. Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Screaming Trees, Sonic Youth. The music that I played when I was an angsty teen still has the ability to make me feel like I'm 15 yrs old, sitting in my room, feeling sad and misunderstood.

Loved up - music by Claire Bowditch, Angus and Julia Stone, some Elvis Costello, Ben Folds, etc are all songs that remind me of being in love. At the moment this cross over to songs that make me sad, but that will fade eventually.

Til next time, Gadget. Next tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime.

No comments:

Post a Comment