Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day Seventeen

Today I'm supposed to pick someone I'd trade places with and why. I was trying to think of someone who lived a life I'd like to lead, and I couldn't think of anyone. I mean, who doesn't have their own shit that makes them sad, or their own awesome stuff that makes them happy. So I think I'll flip it and live the life of someone less fortunate than me so that I could better understand their situation.



I would switch places with Sophie Delezio. Sophie is 9 years old and has been through more than most people have in their entire life. At the age of two, Sophie was trapped under a burning car which had crashed through the gate of the child care centre she attended after the driver of the vehicle suffered a seizure. She suffered burns to 85% of her body and lost both of her feet, some fingers and her right ear.

In 2006, when Sophie was aged five, she was again badly injured when her Nanny was pushing her wheelchair across a pedestrian crossing and she was hit by a car and thrown 18m. She suffered a heart attack, broken jaw and shoulder bone, bruising, rib fractures and a tear in her lung.

This little girl has faced some major physical, and probably psychological hurdles in her life. She had become an ambassador for 2008 World Youth Day. Her parents established a charity called The Day of Difference Foundation to help burns victims, families and hospitals raise finances, awareness, and research.

2 comments:

  1. i hope that lil girl has the best life from now on in. poor girl :(

    ReplyDelete