Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day Fourteen

Another bloody photo? Oh ffs. This one is meant to be about my family. Can I find a photo of my family without me in it? Lets hope so brb.

OK so I've got an EXT HDD problem. The fucker wont boot. I'll stress about that later. So that means I can only use what I have stored on my laptop.


This is a photo of the important women in my life, excluding my sister. Actually if we want to pretend that Aedin is my sister.... no that'll just get weird. I don't have my writing head on tonight. I'm too distracted. I'll start again.

Starting from the left (with Aedin on her lap) is Milly. She's my mums partner. They have been together for 10 years. Milly is strong, determined, funny, helpful and just all round good fun. She's become such an important part of my family. She's also Aedin's best friend. Next to Milly is my Nanny. She's awesome. She is such a talented woman. She's artistic, creative,  has a wonderful sense of style, and is a fantastic cook. She never fails to tell me how much she loves me. Then in the red shirt is my Mummy. I love my Mum so damn much. She has gone through so much in her life and rarely complains about what she's been through. She is so much fun to be around. I've learnt so much about not only who she is as a person, but who I am as a person as a consequence. She has never turned her back on me, and always makes me feel like I'm beautiful and valued. If I had to pick the one person I could count on in life it would be my Mum. In so many ways I am so much like her, and those are the parts of me that I love the most. She's just awesome. On the right of my Mum is my Aunty Jennifer. My Aunty Jen has lived in New Zealand most of my life. She is so beautiful in so many ways. She's smart, wise, has a wonderful laugh, and is another person who makes me feel special and valued. She's got this whole whimsical, bohemian thing going on and I think she's absolutely gorgeous.

Considering she isn't in the photo, I will give a separate paragraph to my sister. My sister and I had a very volitile relationship as kids. She was insecure, embarrassed, shy, awkward, and angry. I was the complete opposite. We fought like cat and dog, yet when it came to the crunch we stuck by each other. As we grew up we continued to lead completely different lives. I wont go too much into my sisters life as I don't have her permission. However lets just say that the path she has chosen isn't filling her life with sunshine and lollypops. And sometimes that makes being around her difficult. I wish there was a way I could help her out of her funk. My sister is honest, loyal, sincere, loving and kind. We went through so much together as children, having grown up in a very unhappy and violent household. I love her so very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment